Each month Overland Park CrossFit recognizes a member who exemplifies our values and motivates others in the gym to push themselves with encouraging words. April’s Athlete of the Month is Becky Klein. Becky was chosen because of her positive attitude and how she pushes herself within the gym. We were so proud of her for completing her first Open and it was inspiring to other members to watch her tackle each workout head on! Learn more below about Becky!
1. What were your thoughts after your first CrossFit workout?
My first actual CrossFit workout was not until I participated in the Open, and even then it was scaled. I guess my first thoughts were something along the lines of “Whew, ok that wasn’t too bad. It’s gonna take me some time to become a badass like everyone else here, but I’m in!”
- What has been your favorite workout?
- What is your favorite cheat meal?
Beer! And (real) Ice cream! …technically not a meal, but I can make it one.
- Where do you work?
I am a Marriage and Family Therapist working in private practice with children, adults, families and couples.
- What do you like to do outside of work?
Time with friends, anything outdoors or sports related, activities with my church group and the occasional nap or reading.
- What advice would you give a newbie just starting at OPCF?
Be patient with yourself and commit! Learn to love the process and the results will come.
- What is your favorite lift?
Anything I feel confident I have the proper form down (and remember the correct name of) which at this time is really only the clean.
- What’s your biggest “GOAT”?
Sadly anything involving upper body strength, I get frustrated and in my head and then it is just goes down hill.
- What changes have you seen in yourself since starting at OPCF?
This odd, strange desire to have sore muscles, I almost feel out of sorts if I am not feeling that daily.
- What is your biggest improvement or proudest accomplishment thus far?
Just braving the Open, without knowing at all what I was getting myself into.
- What is something you have always wanted to do but haven’t yet?
Vacation outside of the US, Ireland perhaps.