Each month Overland Park CrossFit recognizes a member who exemplifies our values and motivates others in the gym to push themselves with encouraging words. June’s Athlete of the Month is Susan Johnson. Susan was chosen because of her commitment and dedication within the gym as well as her involvement within the community! We loved how Susan dove head first into the Open this year and brought a ton of spirit! Susan brings 100% every day at the gym. Learn more below about Susan!
- What were your thoughts after your first CrossFit workout?
Ouch…but see you all tomorrow!
- What has been your favorite workout?
Anything with a “name”.
- What is your favorite cheat meal?
- Where do you work?
I’m a Kindergarten teacher at Frontier School of Innovation.
- What do you like to do outside of work?
Spend time with my family, especially my nieces and nephews!
- What advice would you give a newbie just starting at OPCF?
Drink the Kool-Aid people, you’re going to love it!
- What is your favorite lift?
I just love (most) anything with the barbell! If I had to pick one it would probably be a squat clean.
- What’s your biggest “GOAT”?
Anything in the gymnastics category…I WILL get that first pull up though!
- What changes have you seen in yourself since starting at OPCF?
I’m finally starting to get a little more confidence to try new things or put a little more weight on the bar. It’s a great feeling!
- What is your biggest improvement or proudest accomplishment thus far?
Honestly, just continuing to show up is my proudest accomplishment. CrossFit is hard and a lot of the movements can be discouraging when the people next to you are killin’ it and you’re still hanging out in scaled city. But I’m not stopping..like I said drink the Kool-Aid!
- What is something you have always wanted to do but haven’t yet?
Visit all 50 states!