Each month Overland Park CrossFit recognizes a member who exemplifies our values and motivates others in the gym to push themselves with encouraging words. November’s Athlete of the Month is Paul Knudtson. Paul’s consistency, hard work, and dedication within the gym is inspiring to members! Learn more below about Paul!
- What were your thoughts after your first CrossFit workout?
Wow, this is certainly different then what I had done in the past. But this is a lot of fun and extremely challenging.
- What has been your favorite workout?
My favorite was probably “Murph”. Not only was it a great workout, but honoring Michael Murphy and all that serve/have served our country.
- What is your favorite cheat meal?
To be honest most of my meals are cheat meals unfortunately. However, my favorite is pizza. Of course with an 11 year old and 14 year old in the house, pizza is frequently requested.
- Where do you work?
I work for Saint Luke’s Health System.
- What do you like to do outside of work?
I enjoy attending my boy’s activities and occasionally playing golf.
- What advice would you give a newbie just starting at OPCF?
Worry about yourself and not what others are doing in the workout. I am one of the slower people in my class and I have to remember not to compare myself to others, and just do the best I can do.
- What is your favorite lift?
I enjoy the varieties of shoulder to overhead lifts and front squats.
- What’s your biggest “GOAT”?
Well that could be a long list. I would say my biggest GOAT is overhead squats.
- What is your biggest improvement or proudest accomplishment thus far?
While I had to scale it a bit, “Murph”. I feel it was a real accomplishment to finish the workout.
- What is something you have always wanted to do but haven’t yet?
My wife and I talk about going to Europe someday.