Each month Overland Park CrossFit recognizes a member who exemplifies our values and motivates others in the gym to push themselves with encouraging words. August’s Athlete of the Month is Chase Bryan. Chase was chosen because of his work ethic and willingness to learn! Chase is a strong presence at our 5:30am class and we really appreciate his dedication to your fitness/health. Learn more about Chase below.
1. How long have you been working out at Overland Park CrossFit?
I’ve been at OPCF for about one year.
2. What were your thoughts after your first CrossFit workout?
I liked that it was something new and challenging. I knew I was going to be hooked right away.
3. What has been your favorite workout?
Anything with the rower or assault bike.
4. What is your favorite cheat meal?
5. What did you want to be when you grew up and where do you work now?
Growing up, I wanted to be a police officer. Now I work for BNSF Railway as well as the Army Reserves.
6. What do you like to do outside of work?
I like to golf and spend time with my wife and dogs. If there’s time at the end of the day I like to play video games.
7. What advice would you give a newbie just starting at OPCF?
Keep showing up!
8. What is your favorite lift?
9. What’s your biggest “GOAT”?
Pistols and Muscle ups
10. What changes have you seen in yourself since starting at OPCF?
I feel way better and I know that I can push myself harder than I think I can.
11. What is your biggest improvement or proudest accomplishment thus far?
Seeing my all around progress in the last 12 months and using it as motivation to keep going.
12. How do you fit working out into your weekly schedule?
It’s a priority and I look forward to seeing the ZDT crew every morning. I get everything ready the night before so it’s quicker to get out the door for 5:30am class.
13. What is something you have always wanted to do but haven’t yet?
At some point, I’d like to hike the Appalachian Trail.