Each month Overland Park CrossFit recognizes a member who exemplifies our values and motivates others in the gym to push themselves with encouraging words. July’s Athlete of the Month is Moulika Gutha. Moulika was chosen because she always gives her 100% in the gym. We love her never give up attitude! Learn more below about Moulika!
1. What were your thoughts after your first CrossFit workout?
Sore. I Couldn’t move. Big thanks to my husband for pushing me to go back.
- What has been your favorite workout?
2018 CrossFit Open. It helped me to learn to push my limits. Fantastic Experience!
- What is your favorite cheat meal?
Anything that has Sugars! Give me sugars and coffee. I am set 🙂
- Where do you work?
Senior Application Developer at PNC bank.
- What do you like to do outside of work?
Love to travel to places where I can hike or kayak.
6. What advice would you give a newbie just starting at OPCF?
Be patient, consistent. Invest more time on learning basics , scale the workouts if you want to. Talk to coaches if you have any questions about the movements, we have the best coaches at OPCF who gives you wonderful guidance. Keep consistently coming back, Trust me it’s never boring “ Thanks Cody for the programming”
- What is your favorite lift?
- What’s your biggest “GOAT”?
Would love to do efficient snatch and clean. As Jamie says “FAST elbows”.
- What changes have you seen in yourself since starting at OPCF?
Yes, I have lost 25 lbs. and grown physically strong but I am much more confident mentally and learnt to be PATIENT while learning things. My diet has changed and I plan my day to not miss CrossFit – oh, so many good changes ! I can keep going on and on. Most importantly I have learnt the meaning of healthier lifestyle! I am thankful that I have started doing CrossFit at OPCF a year ago. Thank you so much each and every one at OPCF for all the encouragement and helping me be a better version of myself. Special “Thank You” to Coach Michelle for being my nutrition coach :).
- What is your biggest improvement or proudest accomplishment thus far?
Box Jumps (Thanks Lisa for making me do that! ) and one mile run during Murph.
- What is something you have always wanted to do but haven’t yet?