Each month Overland Park CrossFit recognizes a member who exemplifies our values and motivates others in the gym to push themselves with encouraging words. October’s Athlete of the Month is Nag Arjuna. Nag was chosen because of his work ethic and drive in the gym. Nag has seen big changes since starting at OPCF and his hard work does not go unnoticed by us! Learn more about Nag below.
1. How long have you been working out at Overland Park CrossFit?
2. What were your thoughts after your first CrossFit workout?
Exhausted , but I understood these workouts gonna help me achieve my goals
3. What is your favorite cheat meal?
Ice cream and cookies
4. What did you want to be when you grew up and where do you work now?
During my childhood, I used to think of becoming a police officer or some sought of investigation officer, LoL. Now I’m working as a software employee at a Bank.
5. What do you like to do outside of work?
Hanging out with friends. Playing board games like Catan,Risk.
6. What advice would you give a newbie just starting at OPCF?
Be sincere and just listen to our coaches. You will get what you want.
7. What is your favorite lift?
I love squat clean and Thruster
8. What is your biggest improvement or proudest accomplishment thus far?
Hmm.. I improved my fitness levels. I ran 2001 meters (our 9/11 memorial workout) just under 10 mins. I’m so happy about that.
9. What changes have you seen in yourself since starting at OPCF?
Improved fitness levels, lost around 25 pounds of weight and last but not the least I improved my confidence levels.
10. How do you fit working out into your weekly schedule?
I try to attend atleast 5 days a week. I come to home from work at around 6PM and I don’t think of taking rest. I just burn out my stress in CrossFit workouts.
11. What is something you have always wanted to do but haven’t yet?