Each month Overland Park CrossFit recognizes a member who exemplifies our values and motivates others in the gym to push themselves with encouraging words. February’s Athlete of the Month is Bethanie White. Bethanie was chosen because of her consistency in the gym and positive attitude. It’s inspirational for other members to see someone’s hard work paying off! Learn more below about Bethanie!
- What were your thoughts after your first CrossFit workout?
A mixture of “Am I Dying?” and “I can’t wait to come back tomorrow!”
- What has been your favorite workout?
- What is your favorite cheat meal?
Spaghetti and grilled cheese
- Where do you work?
Blue Dart Ventures in online marketing
- What do you like to do outside of work?
I love home remodeling. I constantly have a project I am working on or I go stir crazy.
- What advice would you give a newbie just starting at OPCF?
Show up often and just keep going – sometimes that is the hardest part.
- What is your favorite lift?
The snatch. I am horrible at it, but that’s why I love it – it’s my nemesis. And just so darn sexy once you get it down 🙂
- What’s your biggest “GOAT”?
Ring Muscle-Ups – 4 years in and still can’t nail one.
- What changes have you seen in yourself since starting at OPCF?
Other than physically I have eaten better and taken care of myself outside of the gym more than I have in the past.
- What is your biggest improvement or proudest accomplishment thus far?
I hit a 100# snatch after only being able to hit about 70# prior to that because of form. The coaches here are so good!
- What is something you have always wanted to do but haven’t yet?
Sky diving or going cage diving with sharks.