Each month Overland Park CrossFit recognizes a member who exemplifies our values and motivates others in the gym to push themselves with encouraging words. December’s Athlete of the Month is Lauren Tkachuck. Lauren is the epitome of what we look for in member. She is consistent and works hard in the gym, but is also kind and welcoming! Learn more below about Lauren!
- What were your thoughts after your first CrossFit workout?
What time tomorrow?
- What has been your favorite workout?
- What is your favorite cheat meal?
A sweet treat of any kind. I’m in a constant battle with my sweet tooth.
- Where do you work?
I’m a dermatologist, currently with College Park Family Care Center.
- What do you like to do outside of work?
Spend time with my hilarious husband and energetic toddlers.
- What advice would you give a newbie just starting at OPCF?
Gotta stick with it for 6 weeks.
- What is your favorite lift?
Don’t make me choose! I really love all lifts.
- What’s your biggest “GOAT”?
Ring muscle up. It was my New Years resolution 4 years ago….3 pregnancies later I still haven’t gotten one yet!.
- What changes have you seen in yourself since starting at OPCF?
I’ve made huge improvements in my Olympic lifting.
- What is your biggest improvement or proudest accomplishment thus far?
I’m so thankful I have been able to CrossFit for over 5 years now, all the way through multiple pregnancies. I really believe CrossFit has helped me deliver healthy babies and recover quickly.
- What is something you have always wanted to do but haven’t yet?
Travel somewhere in Europe!