Each month Overland Park CrossFit recognizes a member who exemplifies our values and motivates others in the gym to push themselves with encouraging words. July’s Athlete of the Month is Gwynette Butler. Gwyn was chosen because of all her hard work pay in her short time at OPCF (coming up on a year YAY). We enjoy having Gwyn’s energy in the gym! Learn more about Gwyn below.
1. How long have you been working out at Overland Park CrossFit?
2. What were your thoughts after your first CrossFit workout?
I was shocked that I made it through the workout and pleasantly surprised at how supportive all of the elite athletes were.
3. What has been your favorite workout?
4. What is your favorite cheat meal?
5. What did you want to be when you grew up and where do you work now?
I wanted to be a Cinematographer and now I’m a Supply Chain Analyst at Vestcom.
6. What do you like to do outside of work?
Garden, cook, hangout with friends, and go to the spa.
7. What advice would you give a newbie just starting at OPCF?
Stick with it! The results are worth the work.
8. What is your favorite lift?
9. What’s your biggest “GOAT”?
10. What changes have you seen in yourself since starting at OPCF?
Besides the physical changes, I had no idea how hard I could push myself in a workout before I started CrossFit.
11. What is your biggest improvement or proudest accomplishment thus far?
I don’t think I can pick one thing. I’m proud of everything I’ve done so far. I’ve improved so much across the board. It’s been amazing!
12. How do you fit working out into your weekly schedule?
My biggest obstacle is getting out of work on time, so I set an alarm on my phone on really busy days!
13. What is something you have always wanted to do but haven’t yet?