Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Calories: 212 kcal
- 1 lb. ground turkey or chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1 T. garam masala
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 can (14 ounces) full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup plain greek
- 2 T. butter
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- steamed rice and naan, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Add the turkey, egg, bread crumbs, and a pinch each of salt and pepper to a bowl. Coat your hands with a bit of olive oil, and roll the meat into tablespoon size balls (will make 15-20 meatballs), placing them on the prepared baking sheet. Transfer to the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the meatballs are crisp and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook 5 minutes or until fragrant. Add the garlic and ginger, cooking another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the garam masala, curry powder, turmeric, and cayenne and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the tomato paste, coconut milk, and 1/2 cup water. Stir to combine, bring the sauce to a boil, cook 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly. Stir in the yogurt and butter. Add the meatballs and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro.
- Serve the meatballs and sauce over bowls of rice with fresh naan. Enjoy!